Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quit while I'm a head!

I'm afraid the crochet Cookie Monster is a no-goer! basically he's coming out way to big. Used up 50g (of a 200g supply) just doing the top of his head.
I bought the yarn whilst on holiday in Wales and in all my excitement at finding cookie monster looking wool, I failed to adjust the quantity that the pattern required for the quantity I would actually need - to be more precise, the ticket on the yarn recomended using a 7mm hook but the pattern recomended a 3.5mm, I would thus need double the quantity of wool. 
I could always call the shop and get more mailed to me, but frankly is it worth it?  Cookie Monster was meant to be for Rémi, who probably wouldn't play with it anyway, he's kinda past the cuddly toy stage.
That leaves me with 200g of fuzzy blue yarn to use up.  I think i'll try my hand at making 'monster feet' slippers for the boys.  To be continued...
STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW THE SPELL CHECK WORKS AHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment