Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Yarn Along - Straight A's!

My choice of clues may be straight A's but my knitting, well, with the various missed 'yarn overs' might merit only B's or C's - but this slightly fuzzy yarn does a great jobs of hiding my 'lower grades'!!  On the flip side I think the yarn doesn't do the lace work justice.  There are lots of  'Follow Your Arrow' Mystery Knit Along w.i.p to be seen over on Ravelry where the pattern definition is much clearer due to the type of yarn chosen.

I'm also a bit behind! Clue 5 (the last one) was released on Monday and I'm only on row 13 of a 24 row pattern of Clue 4!!  Richard's cousin gave birth three weeks early so I had to put away my shawl to make her wee one a little gift.

I'm very happy with my clue 4A.  I was worried that my choice of 1A, which has a lot of garter stitch was looking a little heavy next to the lace of clue's 2 & 3. However,  4A has a nice garter stitch section to it which I think ties in nicely with 1A.

I came home from the Chamonix Ladies Book Club (book exchange) on friday evening, with three interesting looking books -
Barbara Kingslover's - Flight Behavior, A Long Retreat - Andrew Krivak (a memoir of one man's search for his religious calling) and Inside of a Dog - What Dogs See, Smell and Know (Alexandrea Horowitz).  Thought this might make interesting reading with a puppy in the house.  Richard is convinced that Ringo is doted with superior intelligence and thinks he will try and teach him to read!!! - well if he succeeds I'll teach my furry friend to knit, then he can have his own Yarn Along posts!  Watch this space...

What are you (and your animals) knitting and reading this week?
Linking up with Ginny for this weeks Yarn Along

superpup!

15 comments:

  1. With being sick, I am only crocheting the second baby blanket. You are so talented with your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl looks lovely, toasty and warm, just what you need on your lap on a cold winters evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit sad that I missed Ysolda's KAL. you all look like youre having so much fun with it! I love the colour you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl looks wonderful! Happy knitting... can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love that yarn! I can see what you mean about the stitch definition, but it looks so soft and comfy, and that's the most important thing, right? Such a fun time this KAL has been... xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Hannah -- felling rather left out! I've never joined a KAL and am thinking I should. Hope you catch up and enjoy knitting your shawl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shawl looks lovely. I am also behind but it will get done. I love the milo sweater color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your shawl looks great and the tiny baby knit is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the shawl is coming along beautifully!! i do love the color. and that little baby vest....the cutest ever!!!

    Maybe if i taught freddy to knit he'd have more respect for my needles and not chew on them. good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little milo vest :) The shawl looks nice, maybe if you block it really thuggishly you can open up the stitch work a little?

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my that puppy is adorable! I think your shawl looks so cozy and warm and your joke about your knitting being a b or c made me laugh!! Al your knits are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the knitting but then to see that sweet face, oh my I want to kiss that nose.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I was knitting and that my work was as nice as yours. I think you grade yourself too harshly. Even if Ringo never reads, he gets an award for cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ended up deciding not to do one of these, but I'm loving watching how all these are turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. At first I wondered if we were neighbours, judging by the wintry views of mountains. Funny to see we are continents apart...I live in British Columbia, Canada. Oh my, it is a beautiful piece of paradise you live in! Good thing you are knitting that beautiful shawl to keep Old Man Winter at bay.
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete