Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Autumn time warp!

We are having a unusually warm autumn, we generally have a nice mild colorfull fall but not a hot one! the raspberry bushes and strawberry plants have started (re)producing fruit and I have two rose buds just ready to bloom! What is mother nature doing?  How do I explain to the boys that I'm not buying strawberries in October as they are an early summer fruit and it's important to chose seasonal produce etc etc when there's  little squiddgy red blobs sporadically popping up in the garden?



now that's more like it!
Despite all this climatic chaos (It snowed here on June 1) the garden trees seem to be doing what they are meant too; a final exhibition of raptuious colour before the long cold winter (well traditionally it's long and cold but who am I to predict the seasons!)


another nature inspired peice of jewellry by Rémi

 'I'm so glad to live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn't it?'
Anne of Green Gables






2 comments:

  1. What a great little quote from Anne with an 'e'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my spring bulbs are also sending up green bits - it's very strange. I wonder how different our altitudes and latitudes are? I should go out and check the raspberries and see what's happening there. You have what we call Virginia Creeper - that vine that climbs all over everything and turns scarlet in the fall. It's only just changing now all along our front yard fence. I wish I had sumac. And I could use some jewelry, if Remi wouldn't mind -

    ReplyDelete